[Coco] NitrOS9 Boots

John Donaldson jadonaldson at charter.net
Mon Feb 14 09:15:28 EST 2005

   I am trying to create a new 80 track boot for my JC/JV Emulator but
having a problem. I used to be
able to make a new boot file, but for some reason they are failing now.
   I have not changed anything in the "standard.bl" file. I have it set
for REL_80.

What I do is boot NitrOS9 using a good boot DSK.
I then dmode /D1 DNS=03 CYL=00A0,  to set it up as a 80 track drive.
I then go into the emulator F6, the L and select drive 1.
I then type in "NEWBOOT" and it creates a blank DSK
I then go into SCRIPTS and execute MB
It goes thru all the steps, Formating Drive, creating BOOTFILE,
installing BOOTFILE, and copying
   essiatial files.
Then when I try to boot "NEWBOOT" it starts then fails along the way.

What am I doing wrong.

John Donaldson