[Coco] [Color Computer] Creating a DSK file on a real coco..

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 27 10:54:00 EST 2005

The errors indicate that the disks in question could not be read for
some reason. Reading one track at a time rather than one sector at a
time may be putting more stress on marginal hardware. The second disk
failed after reading one track $1200/$100/$12=1, the first disk at
$A200/$100/$12=9.

If the entire disk had been read, the error would not matter because you
would still have an image. If dcheck does not show any errors
(presumably on the original floppies), the only thing I can think of is
that the "disk" receiving the image failed. Most likely problem is that
you are using a RAM disk and ran out of room. You need a large RAM disk
for this process.