[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Creating a DSK file on a real coco..

Basil Fitze basilf at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 22 23:10:51 EST 2005

George Ramsower,

Your out of luck unless you can get a older PC with say Win 98/ME.  I
use Linux and I have utilities called FD Utilities for formatting
floppies and configuring the floppy drive. Allows to make and access
"special" floppies, such as Coco, CP/M, OS/2's XDF format and other
formats.  Stores up to 1992K on a high density disk. I use this alot for
making disks, but you need to add Linux as a dual boot to use it, if you
have the space. Windows is crap and its sad so many people are stuck
with it.  If your interested checkout  Open Linux such as SUSE Linux
http://www.opensuse.org/Download I find it the best to install and it
will blow you away on how nice it works, also it a UNIX like OS so your
knowledge of OS-9 will transfer easy.

Release the oppression

Most low income homes are not online. Make a difference this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5UeCyC/BWHMAA/TtwFAA/CFFolB/TM