[Coco] re:Learning to program

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Sat Dec 17 23:09:29 EST 2005

On 17-Dec-05, at 10:05 PM, Tony Cappellini wrote:

> There are many languages, all with their own strengths &
> weaknesses, but Python is the first language makes it feel like fun
> when I program.

Have you tried using any of Apple's Objective-C frameworks? While
technically not languages, the tools, combined with Objective-C, make
it almost painless to write relatively complex apps.

As a for instance, I was in communication with a guy who wanted to
create a particular databasey app. He had been working on this thing
for months, and had a pretty decent prototype going. Using one of
Apple's frameworks, CoreData, I did an almost workalike prototype in
a couple of hours.

I have fun using these tools. There are some rough edges, but it
gives you a better lever to move big concepts into code.

--
James Dessart
http://skwirl.net