[Coco] Serial to USB adaptor compatible with CoCo?

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Sat Dec 10 15:24:41 EST 2005

On Dec 9, 2005, at 12:46 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:

> I noticed a Serial to USB adaptor in Wal-Mart yesterday and I
> stared at it for a while trying to figure out if this could be the
> key to networking the CoCo to the PC using some sort of homemade
> protocol or something.  Maybe more projects are possible if the
> data rate can be 9600 or whatever the CoCo 3 can keep up with.

Roger,

It sounds like you're describing DriveWire.  We've pushed the CoCo 2
to 38400 bps reliably, and a CoCo 3 to 57600 bps using the
bitbanger.  Both NitrOS-9 and Disk BASIC environments support the
protocol for disk access.  The protocol is documented and available
from www.cloud9tech.com on our support page.

What do you have in mind?