[Coco] Re: Thoughts about going back to school full time.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Dec 8 16:54:10 EST 2005

On Thursday 08 December 2005 13:55, Ward Griffiths wrote:
>On 12/08/2005 01:10 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Thursday 08 December 2005 12:23, Ward Griffiths wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> >10% discount to anybody carrying a gun.
>>
>> Is that on top of the old farts^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H senior discount too?
>> :) I just might have to come and visit since I've never been up in that
>> neck of the woods yet.  Good chili is hard to come by.
>
>I haven't yet worked out the formula for multiplexed discounts.  I forgot
>about the idea of a "senior" discount, as AARP keeps sending me membership
>applications (that La Esposa wants me to fill out but I keep shredding).
> The only ones I had figured on were the ones for packing and for paying
> with specie instead of FRNs.

Chuckle, theres enough of that going on that the irs is looking for ways to
curb it.  But all they will do is drive it further out of sight as history
proves but they will not effect the actual level as a percentage of the GNP.

I believe I have a few years on you, so I've been observing the 'circus' a
little longer.

Anyway, good luck, but I suspect you'll do fine.  I had an aunt, who'se since
passed 2 decades back, who got a wild hair & tired of her then alky husband,
took off for CA at 28, taking the kids with her.  Looking around for
something to do for a living, she rented a little corner sandwitch shop in
Downey and hung out a sign advertizing "Iowa Fried Chicken" and proceeded to
wear out the door faster than ever before, made a pretty decent living for
about 15 years, eventually selling it as a franchise to some slick talker,
who promptly changed the recipe and went busted. But she had hers in the bank
so it was a shrug.  She wound up married to the Chief of Police in Downey for
the rest of her life, and hosted at Merrimacs, a major steak house chain in
the LA Basin most of those later years.

Go for it, really good cooks are hard to find.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)