[OT] [Coco] Packin' heat

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Thu Dec 8 13:48:29 EST 2005

On 12/08/2005 12:32 pm, James Hrubik wrote:
> On Dec 8, 2005, at 12:23 PM, Ward Griffiths wrote:
> > 10% discount to anybody carrying a gun.

> Please consider moving to NE Ohio.  We are allowed concealed carry
> permits, but all the stores and restaurants (not to mention the
> banks!!) have signs saying that you will be prosecuted for carrying a
> concealed weapon.  We need folks like you.

You already have a large chain of stores (Skyline?) specializing in chili (or
something called that) in Ohio.  I couldn't compete, since I don't (except in
experimental batches du jour) put cinnamon in chili.  (What Buckeyes call
chili I call a weird Greek pasta sauce).  A good friend of mine was arrested
in Ohio for packing while driving from his family's place in Kansas to his
home in New Hampshire -- a case which probably helped get the Ohio CC law
passed, but did him no good.  On long trips I always get gas at the west end
of Pennsylvania so I won't contribute tax money to your government.

Private businesses are free to prohibit weapons on their premises.  We are
free not to do business there.  It's a drag when there's a government
involved.  New Jersey is 50th out of 51 in Second Amendment rights despite
the proud boast of being the first state to ratify the Bill of Rights (only
DC is worse).  I gotta get out of this place.

Come along to New Hampshire.  <http://www.freestateproject.org>

As General Stark said, "Live free or die!  Death is not the worst of
evils."  (The New Hampshire motto only has the first phrase).
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Madison said that tyranny would come to this land only under the guise of
fighting a foreign enemy. One hundred ninety-three years after his
unnecessary war with Britain, I must say he was right. -- Anthony Gregory