[Coco] Re: Thoughts about going back to school full time.

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Thu Dec 8 11:00:48 EST 2005

At 07:29 AM 12/8/05 -0800, Robert Emery wrote:
>As much as I don't like soapboxing on OT issues, this is something that
really
>chaps my a$$! The fact that years of experience and demonstrated ability and
>the human who posesses them are meaningless compared to some stupid little
>pieces of paper is a travesty.

Yup. Despicable. At age 56, I'm finally about to get my PhD. I just had to
do it, even though my thesis was nothing more than a representation of work
done on a particular project over the past 18 years. I have no credibility
without a PhD in my field of musical composition, believe it or not. For
regular academic invitations (to talk about my music), I need the piece of
paper. And those little presentations are really important to my tiny wallet.

Dennis