[Coco] Lab South is Fine

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Wed Aug 31 15:37:54 EDT 2005

On 08/31/2005 01:33 pm, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> The real problem that New Orleans has over the  next week is
> outbreaks of Cholora, Typhoid and other tropical diseases.

Neither of those are tropical diseases.  Both were major killers in northern
temperate climates until the invention of decent plumbing and sewage
disposal.  You may have been thinking of malaria (which would be as extinct
as smallpox if the Greens hadn't gotten DDT banned) or Yellow Fever, which
used to be endemic in the District of Columbia.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Let's get real. According to the CBO's report, in the current fiscal
year the U.S. government is gorging on some $2,142 billion of revenues,
consisting of taxes, fees, charges, fines, and other species of
extractions from the people's purses. This sum works out to
approximately $7,500 for every man, woman, and child resident in this
country, or $30,000 for a family of four average persons. Perhaps some
of those people feel they are getting benefits worth at least this much.
I myself don't have that feeling.   --  Robert Higgs