[Coco] Coco3 CMP color swatches

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 31 09:37:33 EDT 2005

Nice explanation but I do have reservations with two implied statement.
The resolution in the CMP color set is exactly the same as the RGB set,
64 separate colors. If the Coco hardware is designed to distribute these
colors evenly throughout the respective color spaces why should it be
difficult for the CMP and RGB colors to match? Of course the Coco
hardware may not be up to the task, but in theory why couldn't it be?

Perhaps if the requirement were that both the CMP colors and the CMP
gray scale be smoothly spread through the color spaces, one but not both
would be possible. But I don't see that Tandy was under any such
constraint. In fact, I can't remember any Coco articles where the
monochrome bit was in use to enable 64 levels of gray. Do you know of
any public use of the 64 gray scale mode?