[Coco] partial OS9 boot from hard drive (back on topic)

George Ramsower Yahoo at DVDPlayersOnly.com
Mon Aug 29 00:09:33 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vern Burke" <vburke at skow.net>

>> Also, I don't see the need in patching anything except a copy of h0.dd,
>> making it the /dd.
>
> cc3go and init, at least on my system, default the drive paths to /d0 and
> /d0/cmds, requiring a patch to make them default to /dd and /dd/cmds.
>
>>  > What doesn't work:
>>  >
>>  > Start with above configuration. Edit with ezgen, rename /dd descriptor
>>  > (floppy) to /fd. Rename /h0 descriptor to /dd. End result is that /dd
>> is
>>  > now the hard drive.
>>
>> Now you don't have a /h0 DD in your boot.
>
> Right, but I don't need it, the idea is to get rid of /h0 so everything
> works from a more normal /dd.

Vern

  If I understand correctly, you want what I have. Boot from the floppy with
as few files as possible(two), and then finish from the hard drive, leaving
your window's working directory as /h0 and the execution directory as
/h0/cmds.

 You don't need anything like Nitros9, or any other basic OS or any special
software. It's all in OS9.
 Stay with me. We'll work it out.

 Just don't go postal.

George