[Coco] partial OS9 boot from hard drive (back on topic)

Vern Burke vburke at skow.net
Sun Aug 28 09:22:22 EDT 2005

Ok, I'm getting somewhere now (uhuh, sure :)). Init and cc3go appear to
be correctly patched. If I leave DD as the floppy drive, the boot will
finish with the paths set as /dd and /dd/cmds, just the ticket, so I
believe the boot floppy is set up 100% correctly.

The remaining problem is switching /dd to the hard drive. The process
gets to "OS9 BOOT", reads the hard drive extensively, and then crashes
badly. cc3go is on the root of the hard drive, shell and grfdrv are in
cmds, all modules ident good and proper attributes.

It looks to me like the boot process expects to find something else from
the hard drive other than cc3go, shell, and grfdrv? My understanding is
that if it gets to the point of reading the hard drive at all, that the
kernel and everything in os9boot is loaded (otherwise you wouldn't have
a driver to access the hard drive with).

Can anyone give me a breakdown of the boot sequence? This is so danged
close!

Vern