[Coco] Portal-9 IDE

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Fri Aug 26 14:53:53 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/26/05 8:18:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
theother_bob at yahoo.com writes:

[We need  an updated Disk Basic. Nick
wanted to incorporate a gui, which some of you  know is an interest I share.
I'd
like to see a new DECB rom for the CoCo3  with the following features:
*DECB/HDBDOS software compatible
*supports  read/write to MSDOS formatted disks (default mode)
*compatible with  original RSDOS/OS9 formated disks (compatibility mode)
*supports  (requires?) RTC for file date/time stamping
*built-in gui interface with  hi-res joystick support]
How 'bout also including the features of Big Basic, if that could be
released to P.D.?  I have
a copy for 512kb Coco3 but never used it.  IIRC, there is also a  version(s)
for 1 & 2 mb Coco3
so having it in there already should be rather cool.  There should  also be a
demo program
available to show how Big Basic is used, and what it can/could  do.

  just my 2¢+ (adjusted for inflation  :-))       -ph