[Coco] Portal-9 IDE

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 26 09:43:53 EDT 2005

There is no more room in the Disk ROM once you have RGBDOS or HDBDOS
installed. The only place where you could put code would be in the
EBasic ROM by removing the graphic of the authors and some "unused"
code. However, space is so limited that significant upgrades unlikely.

Just consider how large the optimized code for NitrOS-9 is in comparison
to the 32K of ROM space. The current 6309 os9boot file is about 30K,
there is still the system code on track 34 which could get you up to
34K, and you still don't have some of your requested enhancements.

Now consider that the Basic and Extended Basic ROMs are not socketed and
you have a project which does not give enough return for the effort.
Much better is to settle for a hard drive and good support programs.