[Coco] problem transferring DSK files to disk

Vern Burke vburke at skow.net
Wed Aug 24 19:37:41 EDT 2005

Robert Gault wrote:
> The problem may be the commands sent to dskini.exe or the version in
> use. Post the exact command string used to attempt the format of the
> NitrOS-9 disks.

The version is whatever was linked from the Nitros-9 web page.

Commands are:

dskini /t40 /d b: nos963~1.dsk for the 40 track file

or dskini /t80 /d b: nos963~1.dsk for the 80 track file

  What errors do you get when you try to use the disks on
> a Coco?

Either goes to garbage or drops back to OK after DOS command.

Can these disks be read on a Coco after booting from a good OS-9
> boot disk?

Don't know, I'm trying to hang together enough drives to build myself a
usable standard OS-9 boot. It's hell trying to find all the little cable
adapters and things after this long :).

Vern