[Coco] OT: Linux question

Dave Kelly daveekelly at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 24 13:44:51 EDT 2005

Robert Emery wrote:
> I figure this is as good a place as any, I know there are some penguin-heads
> here...
>
> I have a Linux server on a network (SCO Open Server, rel.5).
> I need to be able to copy the console history file(s) from that server to my
> Windows PC on the same network. Files I need to copy should be in c:\console
> and are named log.a1, log.a2, etc...
>
> Can someone tell me how to send this file over the local network? I'm obviously
> just getting my "Linux-legs", so keep it in English for now please.

Have you read the networking HOWTO at the linux document project --
tldp.org

I have never had a Microsoft machine. This is how I do it on my 2 linux
systems hook together by a router.

Both systems are running Apache and it is configure to /var/www
So if I need a file from one machine I will copy it to /var/www/?????????

Then from the other do something like this.

wget http://192.168.2.2/???????

Also each system had a 'Network Share Manager' program.
Your MS should also have something like this.