[coco] MESS

George Ramsower Yahoo at DVDPlayersOnly.com
Tue Aug 23 19:04:24 EDT 2005

From: "Robert Gault" <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:46 PM

> George,
>
> Post some specifics, not just that MESS does not work. Where did you get
> the ROM images? Are you sure they are for MESS and not the Vavasour
> emulator? Exactly what is your directory structure? Which version of MESS
> are you using? What OS is in use?

 Robert,

 I never said MESS does not work.

Michael hit the nail on the head with..

> I had a similar problem.  Are your BIOS files in a .zip file?  My
> experience
> was best when keeping the files in the original archive they came in.
> Regards,
> Michael Harwood

 That fixed the problem, but now the emulator really doesn't work. I get the
familiar RS-DOS startup screen, but it is just frozen there. I didn't have
time to play with the options because I tested Michael's suggestion during
my lunch break and didn't have time.
 Now I'll play with it a little before I ask for more assistance. It's more
fun that way.
 Of course, there's probably someone else that has had this problem also.

XP-Pro, MESS 0.97.1

George