[Coco] Portal-9 IDE

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Tue Aug 23 00:49:17 EDT 2005

At 09:44 PM 8/22/2005, you wrote:
>Roger
>
>I took a quick look at some code for a UPD/IP that is written for the
>HC12. Thought of using gcc C compiler for the HC 12 and then look
>at the assembler output and see how difficult that would be to port
>to 6809/6309.
>
>Maybe something that I may look at down the line towards
>Christmas.

My favorite time of the year for programming!

Btw, I tried to take some Commodore ML source for JPEG (called JuddPeg) and
rewrite it for the CoCo and it was just too different, even though at a
quick glance the mnemonics promised to be something just a little bit of
tweaking would take care of.  That was not the case, especially since the
endian ordering was opposite and there were apparently no 16-bit
accumulators like the 6809's D register.

What we need is a C compiler for Portal-9 that can take (without major
changes) existing C source code for other 8-bit machines for all of these
things we lack like JPEG and basic internet connectivity.

We need e-mail on the CoCo, if not already possible?  We need at least a
text web browser.  FTP would be an awesome accomplishment as well as news.

--
Roger Taylor