[Coco] Hi ther Dave P.!

Dean Leiber adit at 1stconnect.com
Fri Aug 19 15:56:29 EDT 2005

>The 'tattoou'
>node was run by Mike Ortloff (Boobie), and we used to chat all the time,
>which is why I remember that. I was always impressed with the StG
>network, for what it was doing, and the hardware it was doing it on.

I remember Boobie. The StG BBS Software was very nice for its day and I
really liked the network;Lots of good people. I remember I still ran the
BBS part-time for a while even after the network had ceased to exist but
the BBS was dead by then. There were alot of neat add-ons done by Alan
Sheltra (Zog), Wes Gale too I think, and alot of others (my memory is
starting to fail). I remember I wrote a QWK mail door program so you
could download messages and read them offline with Scribe or adqwk. I
also wrote a portal program to grab messages from a QWK packet and post
them to/from the StG Network (i.e you could funnel FIDO and listserv
messages to the network this way) I can honestly say I had a lot more fun
programming and working with the CoCo, OS-9 and StG then I've had with
any computer since.

Dean