[coco] 6309 speed

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Sat Aug 13 09:39:07 EDT 2005

Yeah, In my foggy memory I seemed to recall disk I/O timing to be fixed to work at 2 MHz with the CC3. But with the 1/2 there was an issue of if you wrote at 2 MHz you had to read at the same... or maybe I'm just tinking about the tape? No, I do recall an issue with the disk also. The fix may have been in the short controller vs. the long one though. I forgot!

James, was the board running a 12MHz crystal and using a divider to run the 68B09 at 6 MHz though? That sounds more reasonable, though the ceramic package chips should run much higher than 2 MHz... with 12 MHz not out of the question.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Independent