[Coco] Re: OS Survey, but missing the COCO os's

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Aug 12 17:26:34 EDT 2005

On Friday 12 August 2005 16:19, PaulH96636 at aol.com wrote:
>I also have plugged a missing coco OS from time to time with
> amazement as  to the
>apparent complete lack of interest in one aspect of 'all things
> coco'. I refer of course to Key-264K, not an actual OS, but an OS
> enhancement which adds some
>15 basic commands and several keyboard action keys;  requires coco 1
>  or 2 with  64kb ram
>chips, not piggybacked 32KBs.
>
>The mystery sickens.
>
>-ph

Heck, we shoulda mentioned Jake Commanders Chromkey.  That was quite
an enhancement to rsdos for coco1 & 2's.  Broken on 3's unless you
used the original code which was itself broken slightly because the
3's already used the himem I put the other two versions into.  I had
a lot of fun doing that, and Jakes code was actually my intro to
assembly language on the coco.  So I have a fond memory of it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)