[Coco] Anybody willing to put Delphi Msgs on the Web?

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Tue Aug 9 09:26:00 EDT 2005

At 04:01 AM 8/9/05 -0700, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
>Dennis I understand is willing to host the CoCo archive, but he is not
>willing to spend the time reading in the large number of CD's.
>He also is not willing to identify what files he has already on his server.
>He requires that the duplicated files must be identified and removed.
>Perhaps a batch file with a lot of delete commands that he can run after
>checking it would be an way to help him and get the archive online. Someone
>with a fast connection could do the uploading.

It's not willingness, it's time. There are 1,580 files on the server now,
in 108 directories, comprising 1.2 GB of data.

The work of developing new material and reorganizing these was wonderful,
but the results are a couple of burned disks. This package is a problem for
me because the CDs don't include everything that is already on the ftp
site, and they add new material. I don't want to overwrite what's there
(which continues to have new material added), and I simply can't set aside
that many hours to cross-check 1,500 or more individual files (which might
be otherwise identical but for their date stamp) and move them into the new
directory structure.

If someone can create a batch file (FreeBSD Unix .sh) that would do this
automatically and reliably, I'm happy for it. I can let uploads run
overnight to a special subdirectory, and then someone can go from there.
Just not me. Heck, I'm a month overdue on a string quartet that's supposed
to be premiered in October. :(

Dennis