[Coco] Anybody willing to put Delphi Msgs on the Web?

Dean Leiber adit at 1stconnect.com
Tue Aug 9 01:34:32 EDT 2005

Hi Stephen,

Well I can see you've put alot of thought into this (alot more than I
have.) Frankly I doubt that someone will put in the amount of time
required to put it in a searchable database, etc, etc. I'm basically
shooting for something a little less ambitious myself. I'd settle for
organizing the files into some form that some kind of basic message
reader (or even some kind of pearl, shell or javascript ) which would let
you simply read the messages. Maybe allowing you to look at messages by
month/year....something of that order. Perhaps once they're organized,
they could be dropped into the DB du jour for searching, etc. If you do
some kind of basic message reader, it could be expanded with more
features if people were really interested. Of course, just dropping the
messages into a Word Processor would also work! Not optimal, but better
than nothing. Since it is most likely I won't be arranging the files, its
basically up to the people running with it to decide. 'Don't look a gift
horse in the mouth' and all that other folk wisdom...