[Coco] Re: Which disk controller

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Sat Aug 6 15:24:10 EDT 2005

The only "advantage" to a 501 drive controller is that it can be modified to work with double density (1.2MB) drives. Of course that's only good for OS-9, and really isn't much use today. I'm not sure if the same specs work with 1.4MB drives, I'd think so...

The 502 is smaller and draws less power. I'd keep it and get a hard drive controller or Cloud 9's Super IDE with memory card if extra storage and/or larger removeable storage is needed.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Independent