[Coco] extended rom

Bruce W. Calkins brucecalkins at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 2 21:36:57 EDT 2005

That would be the "Extended Disk Basic" ROM.

The "Color Basic" ROM had four varieties.  1.1 improved the printer
driver and allowed 64k.  1.2 improved speed, and 1.3 added support for 4
  bir RAM chips.

Extended Color Basic came in two varities that I know of.  1.0 and the
more common 1.1.

Disk Extended Color Basic came in two varieties.  1.1 added the DOS
command and some minor housekeeping was done.

Super Extended Color Basic came in with the CoCo 3.  It used the same
information in the ROMs as the CoCo 2 with a overlay and addon from
Microware.  It shows up at startup as 2.1 without a disk drive.

Bruce W.