[coco]using direct connect modem

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Sun Aug 28 20:36:37 EDT 2005

coco friends,

      I need to know about the direct  connect modem.    Specifically
I want to know the speed capabillities of that modem and if they can be
used to connect and pass data between two coco's  using a phone
extension cable.    Would I have to provide a voltage similiar to a
standard phone line or do they need that.    If it can be done, what
kind of terminal software would be best to use.

       Now I KNOW what you're thinking.    Just use the bit banger port
or RS-232 carts.    I want to use the direct connect modem pack so
I can eventually connect them using radio transcievers.

        Now I KNOW what you're thinking.    Just us the RS-232 with
a couple of blue tooth modules.      I prefer to use the original equipment
and software that was made for the coco.

       I just thought this would be a fun project when I get some spare time.
I was even thinking of linking the modems accoustically with some home
brew audio gear like an amplified microphone and speaker.   Sorta have
them "sing" to each other.  :)

you may start laughing at me now.....

Roy