[Coco] CoCo graphics adventures ... online?

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Fri Aug 26 01:03:58 EDT 2005

I thought this might get your attention...

I'm seeking the BASIC program 'CoCoZone' which was in one of the Rainbow
magazines and the disk or tape.  I used to have this program and liked it
quite a bit.  The upper part of the screen is the graphics and you type in
the lower portion.  I want to convert this game to run on CoCo3.com using PHP.

If anyone knows of other neat BASIC-written text/graphics adventures they
would like to see put online and possibly take on a multiplayer form,
please forward your ideas to the list or to me privately.  I'm ready to do
these projects and give the CoCo community something else to keep us together.

The reason I'm seeking games like these written in BASIC is so I can
translate the entire code to another language instead of trying to clone
just the look and feel but with only some of the features.  I want to
translate the entire game.

On a similar note, I'm installing an RPG game on the site now which will I
hope to customize to have some kind of CoCo theme if possible.  Also, the
CoCo Cafe will be cloned into a PHP version soon which will take on more
features.  In other words, CoCo3.com is going PHP/MySQL so expect many
great changes to come.

Cheers,

--
Roger Taylor