[Coco] problem transferring DSK files to disk

Vern Burke vburke at skow.net
Wed Aug 24 17:22:42 EDT 2005

Greetings all:
   I'm in the process of re-establishing my CC3 setup and I'm having a
devil of a time transferring DSK to real disks.
   I'm trying to create Nitros9 boot disks from the DSK files from
nitros9.org. I'm using dskini.exe and MSDOS 6.22. I've attempted to
transfer the 80 track version and the 40 track double sided version to
both 1.44 and 720 3.5" floppies (on DSDD media of course :)). I know the
drives and the media are OK, since they'll format under DOS.
    Any attempt to use a 720 drive results in various write errors (I've
tried 4 different drives). Any attempt to use a 1.44 (with DSDD media)
drive appears to complete properly but fails to boot on the CC3 (drops
back to OK after giving the DOS command).
    Any suggestions for the secret handshake on making this work?

Vern