[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] The Shack is Back - Update

Dave dx375 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:54:11 EDT 2005

Neil, this is the response I received from RS in FW.
Looks Like independants are a distinct possibility!
Cheers Dave

Mr. ******,

Thank you for taking the time to write. RadioShack is returning to
Canada and the website is indeed legitimate. RadioShack Corporation
is exploring several options in Canada and we expect to have twenty
to thirty corporately-owned stores operating in Canada by the end of
the year.

We also extended offers to existing independent Canadian RadioShack
dealers to continue operating under the RadioShack brand name and
infrastructure. Currently, there are nine of these stores throughout
Canada.

I forwarded your suggestion that we link the Canadian site to our
RadioShack.com to the appropriate group for consideration.

Thank you,
Wade Childs
Customer Care

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "Neil Morrison"
<neilsmorr at h...> wrote:

> Here is my take:
>
> RS originally split off the out-of-US operations to enhance the
main stock
> price. They were having too much trouble with exchange rates etc.,
so they
> split the Canada/Australia/UK operation into Intertan, splitting
the stock
> to do it. For whatever reasons, eventually Circuit City bought out
the whole
> thing, although I still can't figure out why since the stores they
got are
> the reverse of big box. Radio Shack was licensing their brands to
Intertan
> but refused to do it for Circuit City.
>
> However now that most of the big box US retailers are moving into
Canada,
> Wal-Mart, Best Buy etc., Radio Shack is trying again. I don't know
how
> successful they'll be, but I doubt they'll do franchise stores in
Canada