[Coco] How did this spam from an open proxy get through a moderatedlist?

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Sat Apr 30 21:11:15 EDT 2005

At 09:01 PM 4/30/05 -0400, John E. Malmberg wrote:
[snip spam stuff]

The spam quality is not important, nor is the origin. It is how it got
through a subscriber-only list where all non-subscribed mail is
automatically rejected without moderation.

>Looks like a spammer is spoofing that they are coming from a subscribed
>user.

Their fake address is not subscribed, and there is no other address in the
headers but mine. Maybe it's a lucky shot with my address (which is snagged
a lot) being joe-jobbed and sent to a whole bunch of mailman lists,
including this one.

I'll send you the full header if you like.

Dennis