[Coco] 2006 CoCoFest Survey - Please fill out

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Fri Apr 29 10:47:27 EDT 2005

Rumor has it that Nickolas Marentes may have mentioned these words:

>Q1) - WHAT IS YOUR PREFERRED COCOFEST LOCATION?  (IT MUST BE AT OR NEAR A
>MAJOR CITY WITH AN AIRPORT)

Chicago is good for me. If Detroit didn't suck so bad, I would be OK with
that, too. ;-)

>Q2) - WHAT TIME OF THE YEAR BEST SUITS YOU? (ANY EXAMPLE DATES?)

Springtime (late April or May); after the snow is gone...

>Q3) - WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE FEST EXPANDED BY INCLUDING MEMBERS FOR OTHER
>CLUBS SUCH AS TRS-80 MODEL 1/3/4, MODEL 100 AND MC-10?  (COCO WOULD STILL BE
>THE DOMINANT SECTION)

It wouldn't bother me either way, as long as it stayed with ancient Tandy
schtuff. I could bring my model 100/102/200 stuff; it's small & light. ;-)

>Q4) - WHAT IN PARTICULAR WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE MORE OF?  (PLEASE PROVIDE
>PLENTY OF DETAIL)

Having never been to one, it's tough to say.
I'd have to say, tho, if there's not a lot of non-geek activities for the
rest of the family, a small "What else to do in [insert location here]
packet would be nice.

>Q5) - WHAT IN PARTICULAR WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE LESS OF?

Everyone else having fun without me there! (As in -- I'm really working on
plans with the wife to go next year.)

>Q6) -  WHAT SPECIAL GUEST/S WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE ATTEND?  (LIST AT LEAST
>3 PEOPLE)

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz, Dr. Marty Goodman, Art Flexser (I always admired ADOS3)

I wonder how many people I could get to spew coffee/tea/soda out their nose
if I put "Lonnie Falk" in that list... ;^>

>Q7) -  IF YOU HAVE NEVER ATTENDED A COCOFEST, WHY?  (WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU
>ATTEND?)

Early on -- money. (And distance, but that mainly impacted by money for
hotel/gas/etc.) Later on, having a family. Now that my youngest is 6,
things are a little easier for 8-10 hour trips... but if the family
wandered around watching the paint dry for a few days, I could pretty much
guarantee it would be my last time to attend. ;-)

Anyway, that's my story & I'm stickin' to it... ;-)
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Profile, don't speculate."
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers |     Daniel J. Bernstein