[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] end of discussion!start new

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 22:20:18 EDT 2005

I Do remember the print ads with Issac Asimov. I wonder what the TV ads were
like. Probably on the same lines as George Plimpton doing the Intellevision,
It would be great if someone could dig up thise ads and put them in the
Downloads section. I could just see Mr. Asimov flogging "Dino-wars" or
"Downland" :)

>No less than William Shatner advertised the VIC-20 for
>Commodore..."It's the last computer you will *ever* have to
>buy!!!"...because it's expandable!!!
>
>Also, Alan Alda used to advertise the Atari 8-bits...
>
>The ads I remember for the Coco and for the TRS-80 were done by Issaic
>Asimov.
>

> >Actually, I aways thought the CoCo did rather well dispite Lack of
> >marketing. When all the other 8 bit machines had rather agressive
>marketing,
> >tons of TV commericals, Celebrty Endorsments (who could forget Bill Cosby
> >pumping the TI 99/4A), The CoCo contiuned to sell for at least 10 years!
> >Infact, the only TV comericals I ever remember from the CoCo were just
>Radio
> >Shack Comericals, that had the CoCo as part of what ever was on sale. I
> >could be wrong, but that was just up here in Canada! The CRTC tended to
>Edit
> >American Comericals out with Canadian ones.
> >

> >>Even a good product can benefit from aggressive marketing - something
> >>the coco really never had.
> >>
> >>  >
> >>  > So far as the CoCo is concerned, it's largely moot now.  Pretty much
> >>  > the only market for "successors" to the CoCo is the existing
>userbase
> >>  > and nostalgia freaks like me.
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>Thanks for your kind indulgence
> >>kk
> >

> >Brought to you by the 6809, the 6803 and their cousins!
> >Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

>--
>--

Yahoo! Groups Links