[Coco] double speed poke ...

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Apr 27 17:17:56 EDT 2005

Far as a user is concerned the clock change is immediate. If you are
talking about emulating the 6809 or in this case the MC6883, the product
sheet for the latter suggests that the change is not immediate and that
a specific sequence of opcodes should be used for success.

In my own experience with a Coco1, there was no necessity to synchronize
a sta $FFD6. Further the address dependent and full memory speed
changes, either direction, could be used at any time. The product sheet
states a specific sequence should be used.

Strictly speaking, test gear would be required to determine if the clock
change is immediate or not.