[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] end of discussion!

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:22:23 EDT 2005

I'm gonna weigh in because some of your facts are incorrect. Netscape
had market share, which was only undercut by Microsoft's inferior (at
the time. I am not commenting either way about today) browser being
bundled with Windows.

That being said, Windows is the right tool for the job some of the
time. I, personally, wouldn't run a server with it... Others would,
and I'm fine with that... I would likewise not run my wife's desktop
with Linux.

It's funny how people see Stanley and Craftsmen as just tools, but get
zealous when talking about their computer tools... The only thing that
deserves that zealousness on this list is the CoCo itself, but that's
just my humble opinion :)

Rod

On 4/27/05, Glen VanDenBiggelaar <glenvdb at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, Enough is enough, Please put an end to this Neil!.
> Its obvious this is just going around in circles. People ar so "brainwashed"
> against Microsoft, that the next thing is they will be acusing Bill for the
> seal hunt in Northern Canada. Anybody with an IQ of above 20 Knows that all
> the "anti-trust" law suites were brought about by whiney smaller companies
> like Netscape, because Microsoft was shipping thier own products with
> Windows. Netscape was mad because they couldn't get markrt share, and
> instead of making thier product beter, they spent Millions of dollars
> "crying foul",instead of focusing that money on makeing thier product beter.
> I am not saying that Microsoft has better products. If Microsoft made it
> easy for the average person to install, and ther servers worked perfectly,
> and the software was secure. I would be out of a job, because there would be
> no need for IT guys to come and fix computers or clean virus. I am certainly
> not going to bite the hand that feeds me.
> Intel has around 90% of the x86 chip market, by your definition, they are a
> monopoly also. Apple has a strangle hold on the Apple market- no one is
> crying foul? why?
> When you are the biggest company in the world, you become the biggest
> target.
> Bill is currently the Richest Man in the world - He can put his money where
> his mouth is. He is not the richest man for nothing. If you "anti-microsoft"
> guys are so smart, how come you arent rich?
>
> Now, before we all get banded, let's drop this whole thread, its obvious
> that we won't change anybody's minds.
> Lets hit "break" and stop this "Goto" loop ;)
>

> Brought to you by the 6809, the 6803 and their cousins!
> Yahoo! Groups Links

>     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                   _
ASCII ribbon campaign (  )