[Coco] Portal-9

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Apr 27 12:59:48 EDT 2005

At 06:51 AM 4/27/2005, you wrote:
>Those look to me like they were put there by the installer for the installer.
>Probably so you can uninstall it if you like, without the convenience of just
>being able to put Portal in the Recycle Bin if you don't want it anymore. :)
>
>BTW, any new versions of Portal coming out soon? ;)

Yes, I'll try to get version 3.01 uploaded today or tomorrow.  Things seem
to be very stable at this point, so I won't be making many structure
changes for a while, but I plan to rig up a way for other programmers to
make add-ins.  The disassembler project is on hold at this time because I
am planning to move soon and I want to be settled in before I continue that.

CCASM will do the "reverse assembly" by just issuing a command like "cm
somegame.rom" which will produce a .dsm file, an intermediate format that
can be used by Portal-9 for tweaking the final .asm file.  Doing a "cm
somegame.dsm" will turn it into "somegame.asm".  I am not sure exactly
where I stopped this work at with CCASM, so feel free to experiment at the
prompt and play around.  I'm sure the system is pretty much useless at this
time, though.

--
Roger Taylor