[Coco] Spy Sweeper vrs Portal-9

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Apr 27 02:11:17 EDT 2005

At 05:53 PM 4/26/2005, you wrote:
>ATT.NET is promoting WebRoot Spy Sweeper for the AT&T service. If you
>choose to use this program be careful about removing or quarantining what
>this program classifies as spyware.
>
>Portal-9 has the unhappy distinction of being classed as an exact match
>for the trojan, Kitten Free Sex Dialer, based on the Windows registry
>entries. No joke!
>
>At least you can tell Spy Sweeper that it made a mistake.

Haha. This comes as no surprise to me.  Every Spyware program I've tried
not only marks good software as bad, but many times marks a lot of Windows
components as well.  The latest one I tried has the typical disclaimer: use
at your own risk.  Btw, Portal-9 uses no registry entries at all and no
internet connections.  It's just an IDE.  :)

I also got a message from Jim Cox saying something about AdAware had tagged
the cookies used by the CoCo Cafe system??  This baffles me beyond
all.  The CoCo Cafe uses 2 cookies (your nickname, and your session
ID).  These two peices of information help keep your page refreshes working
so you don't get kicked out of the room, but nothing more.  I am still
wondering about this, Jim.  :-/

--
Roger Taylor