[Coco] Re: CGA to VGA Converter

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Tue Apr 26 16:03:49 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/26/05 4:32:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Torsten at Dittel.info writes:

<< > Does the converter require external power of any sort? If so, are you
 > able to make a 220v version so I can run it in Australia if/when I can
 > purchase one? :P

 I guess the device is driven by a little stabilized e.g. 5V DC
 transformer which you have to find on your own anyway (any electronic
 store has lots of them at about 10US$, would be to expensive to ship
 it). >>

      Yes,  an unregulated 7v or higher wall wart will do.   I haven't looked
to see if I can provide one but I will look into it.

     Torsten,  I am going to send you one with the analog PLL as soon
as I perfect the interface that way you'll get it sooner.  But it will be
the same otherwise.   Performance will also be the same.

      Mark.   My converter has the combined contrast adjustment too.
But the  converter also requires attenuation at the three video inputs
as well.    I have found that the video signal levels coming out of the
coco3 are a bit high for this chipset.   The converter you mention uses a
simple RC connection filter which causes the signal to "wash out".

Roy