[Coco] Re: CGA to VGA Converter

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Tue Apr 26 04:31:27 EDT 2005

> Does the converter require external power of any sort? If so, are you
> able to make a 220v version so I can run it in Australia if/when I can
> purchase one? :P

I guess the device is driven by a little stabilized e.g. 5V DC
transformer which you have to find on your own anyway (any electronic
store has lots of them at about 10US$, would be to expensive to ship
it).

A problem might be the 50Hz/60Hz PAL/NTSC issue, but as I'll be a (proud
;-)) beta tester and the used chipset is able to support 50Hz PAL, I
will figure out the settings to make that run with Australian PAL
machines.

I'll post my experiences right here, so you can be sure to be informed
if the device will work in Australia or not.

Regards,
Torsten from Germany (50Hz 240V PAL country...)