[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Is this a 6309?

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Tue Apr 26 02:44:52 EDT 2005

> Thanks, Torsten.  This is great help.

I guess not yet. I'd need a Dragon to figure out the details. Another
hint: If it's auto executing it has to load something to RAM below
$1000. You might:

1) Fill the whole free RAM with zeros
2) CLOADM the tape with an offset (e.g. CLOADM"",&H4000)
3) After it stops with an IO Error, check the RAM contents above $4000
4) Where it differs from zero, subtract $4000 from that address to know
where it would have CLOADMed without offset.
5) Have a look in your library which RAM hooks are bended
6) Try to find the loader section and disassemble it
7) Write your own loader which skips the trash and just loads the file

On the CoCo, an MPI and the EDTASM+ cartridge have been really helpfull
for this research. You could press "Reset" at any point (if the Reset
Vector wasn't bended yet), hold it down, change to EDTASM+ by changing
the MPI's switch, and release the reset button.

Torsten