[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] Is this a 6309?

j_e_daggett j_e_daggett at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 24 22:56:17 EDT 2005

George

The HD68B09E is equivalent to a MC68B09E and is not equivalent to an
HD63B09E.

The HD68B09E does not have the extra instructions and registers of the
HD63B09E. NitrOS9 has been ported back to the MC68B09E /HD63B09E.

Hitachi in the early 80's was a second source for Motorola ICs as the
demand for chips increased Motorola had to buy space on other
companies fabrication lines. Thisi soften doen in teh semiconductor
industry as it takes almost two years to bring a new fab line upto
full production. If I remember correctly there was another second
source for the 6809. Seems to me that it may have been Fairchild but I
can;t recall who it was. I know that the 68HC11 is second sourced by
St Micro and a couple of others. Toshiba was for a few years making
those on the TC8 fab line in Japan. Oh well that is another processor
and another tale.

james

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "George Ramsower" <yahoo at d...>
wrote:
> I was looking to see if I had a 6309 in one of my cocos and found
that it is
> an Hitachi chip, but the number on it is..
>
> HD68B09EP
>
> Is this the one that will work with Nitros9?
>
> George

Yahoo! Groups Links