[Coco] 2006 CoCoFest Survey - Please fill out

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sun Apr 24 18:45:48 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 06:17 +1000, Nickolas Marentes wrote:

> Q1) - WHAT IS YOUR PREFERRED COCOFEST LOCATION?  (IT MUST BE AT OR NEAR A
> MAJOR CITY WITH AN AIRPORT)

Orange County, California. We have an airport, Disneyland, and the
Angels and usually good weather.

Maybe you could just take the cocoist map recently made and take the
weighted average of everyone in the US, see where the center of Coco
civilization is at today.

But seriously, anything that gets it closer to my house is good.

> Q2) - WHAT TIME OF THE YEAR BEST SUITS YOU? (ANY EXAMPLE DATES?)

Spring or summer

> Q3) - WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE FEST EXPANDED BY INCLUDING MEMBERS FOR OTHER
> CLUBS SUCH AS TRS-80 MODEL 1/3/4, MODEL 100 AND MC-10?  (COCO WOULD STILL BE
> THE DOMINANT SECTION)

Model 100 people are nice.

MC-10 people can come but they only get tiny cramped booths and must
print any signage in semigraphics.

> Q4) - WHAT IN PARTICULAR WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE MORE OF?  (PLEASE PROVIDE
> PLENTY OF DETAIL)

Vendors and seminars. Free stuff. Maybe a on-site extended BASIC
programming contest.

> Q5) - WHAT IN PARTICULAR WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE LESS OF?

nothing

> Q6) -  WHAT SPECIAL GUEST/S WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE ATTEND?  (LIST AT LEAST 3
> PEOPLE)

Luminaries from back in the day... not sure who all is still alive.
Basically anyone that wrote occasionally in Rainbow, TCCM, Hot Coco. Is
Fred Scerbo still around? Marty Goodman? Tony DiStefano? Jake Commander?
Of course, Dennis.

> Q7) -  IF YOU HAVE NEVER ATTENDED A COCOFEST, WHY?  (WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU
> ATTEND?)

Distance