[Coco] [Color Computer] The evolution of the Coco..

Dave dx375 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 24 14:42:42 EDT 2005

H'mmnn...Xenix.....the TRS line used that particular OS at some
point...

I still have my unused copy of SCO 286 Xenix in storage in the
basement but have nothing to run it on....oh well :-(

Does anyone remember the Mark Williams package called
Coherent...another Unix clone and the first one I learned Unix on
after college.....

And didn't Wally-Mart offer Linux boxes in the States?

Cheers Dave

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "Glen VanDenBiggelaar"
<glenvdb at h...> wrote:

> John (and the rest)
> Don't get me wrong. I know that CoCo/ XP platform will never work,
XP is so
> bloated that you could nevre shrink the kernal to fit it that
small. Not
> even NT (NT 4, which to this day is probaly one of MS most stable
products
> in my opinion). I am just stating that no mater where I go, Linux
is being
> stated as "The holy Grail" of the IT world, by the zelots out
there (and I
> am not saying anyone here is a Zelot). UNIX itself if not even
being
> debated- just Linux. I would love to see MS bring back Xenix-(buy
back the
> rights). My opinoin (and its just mine) is -I am not going forced
into a
> product that is taking the market by about 3-5% a year, and
the "big"
> computer manufactures (Dell, IBM, etc) have no confidence in the
product on
> the consumer level. I know you might say that this is because
lisensing
> parterships with Bill and the boys), but the average consumer is
the one
> still who does have the final say.
>
> BTW - I do know this will get me in a bit of trouble, but keep in
mind, its
> just an opinion, If Mac hadn't used A flavour of Linux of OS 10,
it would
> even be less popular, because the Mac people really had no choice
except to
> stay with OS9.
> >

> >Coco/Linux, Coco/BSD, Coco/FreeDOS, Coco/ReactOS, etc. all could
make
> >sense. Coco/WinXP doesn't as far as I can tell, for reasons that
myself,
> >Merch, and Frank have already outlined.

> >Brought to you by the 6809, the 6803 and their cousins!
> >Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links