[Coco] [Color Computer] The evolution of the Coco..

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 24 10:32:00 EDT 2005

Basil,
I guess when you have been exposed to it the way I have, you just get
bitter. I use to work in a small computer store as service manager, and
EVERYDAY (YES- 6 DAYS A WEEK!), I would have these guys come in and try to
"covert me", and the owner of the store and try to get us to sell Linux
Pre-intstalled, and suport Linux Boxes. The simple fact is Microsoft, and my
MSCE, feeds me, puts food on my table. It makes money for the store, and it
sells computers, for people with families, it feeds the childeren and puts
childeren through school. Dell has tried now twice to sell computers with
Linux "pre-instaled" and has failed miserbly both times. I had the chance to
become Redhat Certified for something like $5000. I would much rather use
that kind of money to further enhance my MCSE, because the job market
demands it. I have had  demontrations on many different flavors of Linux,
you go to Technet and all the banner ads are now for Linux books. Linux is
everywherw in the tech world, but nowhere in the real consumer world.
I look on linux like the movie "Titanic" by James Cameron. I have never seen
the movie because all the hype has turned me off so bad, I refuse to watch
it. When I die, I want that writen on my grave stone "Refused to watch
Titanic".
When linux is mainstream, and customers like grandma's are useing linux, or
if Redhat came to me and offerd certification for free, then I will start
learning it, but for now, I see it like something that is dead, but refuses
to be burried.
-but thats way off the topics here,
-Glen

>Glen,
>
>Not sure what your talking about.  Most of the Linux crackpots are on
>the 'FREE ' bandwagon and has a stick up thier butt about Windows.
>
>  Linux is free and has a good foundation, Linux Trovalds had a great
>idea in Linux. Even Linus has a problem with these freaks. Linux is no
>more a cult than Microsoft just more people who look at Linux in the
>same way people look at the Coco or even the Apple ][ we are diehard
>fans of the Coco I still use it but I use both Windows and Linux dual
>boot and it a good mix.
>
>  Linux is just another operating system that is free to use, you can,
>buy it with support or if you want creat your own Distro at this time I
>believe there are over 100.  Its sad that you look at Linux the way you
>do.
>
>Linux gives you the freedom to choose and you don't get the BS you get
>with Windows.  Linux hardly crashes, Linux is not virus prone as is
>windows.  I think you  believe Microsoft's FUD's to much if you want to
>talk about a cult there are a lot of Window freaks out there.  I just
>look at both as a tool to do what I want.   Nothing more and nothing  less.
>

>--
>Basil Fitze
>basilf at telus.net
>My website: http://bcomco.net
>Earn a Laptop for just $5.00 click the link to findout how
>http://www.ezlaptop.com/register.php?ref=940

Yahoo! Groups Links