[Coco] Fest Ramblings

Dave Kelly daveekelly at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 21 23:10:43 EDT 2005

There are a couple that need to be recognized as contributing to the
video feed from the Coco Fest.

When we were testing the upload on Saturday morning it was discovered we
could not get out. Or connect to any of our regular web sites. We found
that only XP based computer could access the outside. No linux or Mac
system would work.

Robert Gibons was able to dig into the hotels system and find that it
was running a Microsoft proxy server. And true to Microsofts tradition,
it would not let anything not Microsoft out.

John Linville stepped up with a proxy server on his system already set
up we could use and this solved our problems.

So to both Robert and John, THANK YOU.