[Coco]: Tandy's biggest mistakes thread

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Apr 21 14:24:01 EDT 2005

John

I was not trying to belittle the qu ality or value of the information in
them. The manuals contain a wealth of information for those that
are new to programming and have no compu ter skills.  They written
very simple and very easy to follow.

For learning these manuals were excellent. That was my intent.
They were very technical in a very user friendly manner. Which
further supports that target audience for the computer. Those that
were entry or beginners level programming and computer skills. For
those that did not want to learn the computer could still be a nice
game console that provided hours of entertainment.

My father, brother and I spent many hours playing color baseball
and football on the Coco1 with 16K of ram back in the early 80's. I
even used to pack my Coco 1 in the car when I traveled to visit my
father especially at Christmas time.

regards
james