[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Re: MC-10 mistakes

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 21 13:00:39 EDT 2005

But the Desktop market is also decining due to laptops. As the technoligy
becomes better, faster, smaller, eventually laptops will dominate the market
place. I predict the desktop has maybe a 10 year lifespan left ! remember,
the desktops are disposible now (less than a 2 year lifespan) and with cheap
sub $500 systems where the CPU is soldered right to the Mobo, and all the
graphics and sound are onboard (doesn't this sound familiar), they are
becoming like Bic lighters. No modern systen will have the 10 year retail
lifespan like the old 8 bit machines. Lets face it, in 25 years from now, no
"hobbiest" will try to revive a Celeron 400 system or a socket 7, with 32
megs of ram.
-Glen

>True and sales of Pocket PC's overall are falling in relation to
>sales of laptops....
>
>On thing is true, history DOES repeat itself......
>
>Cheers Dave
>
>--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "Neil Morrison"
><neilsmorr at h...> wrote:

Yahoo! Groups Links