[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Is this a discussion about a new Coco?

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Tue Apr 19 07:05:28 EDT 2005

Mark,
I understand that you've been upset (although I generally don't like any
emails in "flame" style). James' statement was something like "If there
*would* be a 100,000 items market for the CoCo, I *could* make such a
hardware and sell it for *less*". Well, that's not really helpfull for
any CoCo user. We are a hobbyists group with about 50 members willing
(maybe not able) to pay for such a hardware. Of course we don't expect
the prices we pay in the PC sector where thousands of Chinese companies
produce a zillion pieces of cheap hardware every week. Your prices range
in deep reality. Everyone knows you and Boisy aren't getting rich, it's
kind of a victim to spend all the spare time for good, professionally
made CoCo hardware and your appreciated contribution to the community.
Your efforts are welcome. We're intelligent enough *not* to pay the
prices you're asking for, if we would think it's too expensive. We just
still love our little machines and we like to add some funky gimmicks.
Other persons are "pimping their rides" and spending a lot of money in
useless parts and addons...
Keep on yor excellent work and support!

Torsten

PS: I hope I'll be soon able to order the SuperIDE and SCSI controllers
:-)