[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 19, Issue 80

John Donaldson johnadonaldson at comcast.net
Sun Apr 17 17:12:01 EDT 2005

Frank,
   I sell items on Ebay and I know that on some places oversea's , I can
not insure the item
and postage can be twice what the item sold for. As for FBO/APO,
shipping is to
either the West or East coast and no farther and I can insure it too.
   I know if a person in the UK wins an auction from, that I have to
make sure and label
it as "USED" or such or the person that bought it will get TAXed on it.
The tax can
sometimes be as much as the item itself. Also if the person wants to
keep the shipping
down, it will take as much as 10-14 days shippment. 2-3 day shipping to
UK is really
high. A lot of people do not want to hassle with it all. As for APO/FPO,
these are no
different than shipping to anyone inside the USA. But some people don't
think it is.

John Donaldson