[Coco] [Color Computer] USB Anyone?

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 16 09:54:28 EDT 2005

This is my point. Do we realy need a usb keyboard? Mouse? Joystick? My CoCo
3's keyboard is fine, You can still get TR mice easily, and joysticks are so
plentiful that you can get them usually for under $5 bucks (i Have over
40)-granted the TR joystick is not the greatest, but we aren't plying NHL
2005 here.
I think, if we do this, we have to focus on drivers that will make the CoCo
3 Instantly more than it was before. That means focusing on products that
were never avalible to the CoCo in the first place. There are tons of USB
floppy drives for laptops on the market and hard drives also. It would be
nice to stick a small laptop drive in my CoCo 3 case, and just had a USB
conector (easy to hide the wires) . The keyboard mouse and joystick can be
added later, but if you want people to buy them right off the hopp, you have
to come out with drives that instantly transform the CoCo into something
more than it already is. If they were avalible today, and they only had
these drivers, I would not buy it until other drivers were avalible to make
it do something that it couldn't do before.
-Just my 2 cents, and my marketing courses involved.
-Glen

>On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 23:52 -0600, Glen VanDenBiggelaar wrote:
> >
> > This would be great, but evryone would have to agree on the set of
>primary
> > drivers. we would have to think about what devices would be most
>imprtant
> > first (maybe a 3.5' floppy or a hard drive?) we could all debate for
>hours
> > whats the most important stuff to hook up.
> > -Glen
>
>Programmers are lazy. The dominoes will likely fall in order of "easiest
>first."
>
>So I'd expect a USB joystick, a USB keyboard, a USB mouse, and then
>maybe a USB Serial or USB Parallel Port.
>
>Then perhaps a USB storage device, like a key drive.
>
>-- John.
>

>Brought to you by the 6809, the 6803 and their cousins!
>Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links