[Coco] [Color Computer] Holy Mods Batman!

Charles Richmond richmond at plano.net
Thu Apr 14 04:16:36 EDT 2005

>I have the Levanthal book and it's what I used to learn the 6809 with.
>  I also have some of his other books on Z80 and 6502 and they are all
>excellent.
>
>I haven't seen the Zaks book but I'd love to check it out.

I read the Levanthal book back in the early 80's, and I thought that
it was poorly written. Much of what he said was misleading to me. My
previous experience had been with the 6800, so I had some background.

I have read _Programming the 6502_ by Zaks and thought that it was
well done. Based on that, I would think that _Programming the 6809_
would probably be good too.

Another book that might be helpful, though it is for the 6502, is
_6502 Software Design_ by Leo J. Scanlon. It contains some nice
subroutines. I found the _6502 Assembly Language Subroutines_ to be
very disappointing...